Start your digital career with the Digital Graduate Program
3 March 2020
Are you passionate about digital technologies? Do you want to work for government?
The Australian Government is looking for you! Kick-off your career in the digital or technical field through the Digital Graduate Program. Come on board to work on projects making a change in society and gain valuable mentorship and guidance.
About the Digital Graduate Program
A career with the Australian Government gives you valuable industry experience while working on projects that help everyone. There are many opportunities to choose from, such as technical problem solving and analytics, to digital design and development. There are also several opportunities to rotate through different roles to match your level of skills and experience.
The program has done “amazing work to facilitate our development into the digital industry and build solid communities across government” — Kieran, graduate in 2019.
The Digital Graduate Program is for Australian citizens who’ve completed a university degree in a digital or technical field within the last 7 years or will complete their degree in the current year.
If you’ve studied one of the listed degrees then you should consider applying.
- 2 March 2020 — program applications open
- 3 April 2020 — program applications close
- 28 April to 8 May 2020 — applicant interviews
- 25 to 20 May 2020 — speed dating sessions
- 27 January 2021 — approximate cohort start date
What can you gain from the program?
In this program you’ll get:
- full-time permanent employment
- a post-graduate qualification in digital technology for government
- career coaching and mentoring
- flexible working arrangements
- competitive salary and super
- a dedicated, experienced professional to mentor you and help you with your learning
- work with a wide range of technologies
- get membership to the Australian Computing Society (ACS)
- attend professional networking events
- access private training about emerging digital trends
The application form is available from the jobs section of our website.
You’ll need these documents:
- proof of Australian citizenship, such as a birth certificate or passport
- passport-sized photo
- a copy of your university transcript
- a resume
3 stages to success
There are 3 stages of the selection process:
- Submit your application. We will contact you if your application is successful.
- Attend an interview.
- Meet with participating agencies. At this stage you can select a preference for the agency you prefer.
If you have any questions about starting a digital career with the Australian Government, you can email email@example.com or call 02 6120 8701.
You can also follow us on Facebook for program updates.