At the Digital Transformation Agency, we help government improve digital services to make them simple, clear and fast.
We are committed to improving people’s experience of government services. This means improving the skills within government to deliver these services.
We work with other agencies to help them to create services that are simple, clear and fast to use.
People are at the centre of everything we do. We’re committed to making services work for everyone, everywhere, regardless of their abilities. To do this, we use plain English and do research with real users to make sure we’re on the right track.
Our role and focus
- We provide strategic leadership on whole-of-government and shared ICT and digital services, including sourcing and capability development.
- We deliver policies, standards and platforms for whole-of-government and shared ICT and digital service delivery.
- We provide advice to agencies and the Government on ICT and digital investment proposals.
- We oversee significant ICT and digital investments, assurance policy and framework, and the whole-of-government digital portfolio.
To make services simple, clear and fast, in 2020–21 we will focus on the following:
- Lead whole-of-government digital and ICT strategies, policies and advice that enables modern, efficient and joined-up government services.
- Coordinate and drive common platforms, technologies and services that enhance user experiences by making government simple, clear and fast.
- Build the digital profession to enhance digital and ICT skills and capabilities across the APS.
- Collaborate and partner with others, nationally and internationally, to accelerate the digital transformation of government services.
We will outline our performance and achievements against these priorities in our Annual Performance Statement published in our Annual Report.
Further information on our purpose, roles, functions, environment, priorities and capabilities can be found in our Corporate Plan 2020–21
Other content in this section
Organisation structure of the Digital Transformation Agency at 25 March 2021.
Our people are what makes digital transformation possible.
- guidance and tools
- events and training
- digital investment advice
- annual reports
- corporate plan
- executive pay
- Public Interest Disclosure
- freedom of information