At the Digital Transformation Agency, we help government improve digital services to make them simple, clear and fast.
We are committed to improving people’s experience of government services. This means improving the skills within government to deliver these services.
We work with other agencies to help them to create services that are simple, clear and fast to use.
People are at the centre of everything we do. We’re committed to making services work for everyone, everywhere, regardless of their abilities. To do this, we use plain English and do research with real users to make sure we’re on the right track.
Our role and focus
- We provide strategic leadership on whole-of-government and shared ICT and digital services, including sourcing and capability development.
- We deliver policies, standards and platforms for whole-of-government and shared ICT and digital service delivery.
- We provide advice to agencies and the Government on ICT and digital investment proposals.
- We oversee significant ICT and digital investments, assurance policy and framework, and the whole-of-government digital portfolio.
We have 4 priorities that we’re focusing on to achieve our goals.
- Delivery of a Digital Transformation Strategy and Roadmap, looking out to 2025.
- A program of digital capability improvement, including sourcing reform.
- Delivery of whole-of-government digital platforms such as Digital Identity, Notifications, Tell us Once and improvements to myGov.
- Delivery of investment advice, an assurance policy and framework, and whole-of-government portfolio oversight on ICT and digital investments.
Each priority has a set of success measures, targets and methodologies showing how we will assess our performances.
Further information on our purpose, roles, functions, environment, priorities and capabilities can be found in our Corporate Plan 2019–23
Other content in this section
Organisation structure of the Digital Transformation Agency at 30 January 2019.
Our people are what makes digital transformation possible.
Getting help from the DTA
- guidance and tools
- events and training
- digital investment advice
Reporting and plans
- annual reports
- corporate plan
- executive pay
- Public Interest Disclosure
- freedom of information