The strategy roadmap consists of 3 stages:
- Horizon 1 – Immediate
The key foundational structures to enable agency and industry engagement with the whole-of-government approach to hosting services.
- Horizon 2 – Medium term
Work with agencies, industry and relevant stakeholders to establish the Digital Infrastructure Service.
- Horizon 3 – Long term
Deliver the outcomes and maturity benefits.
Horizon 1 – Immediate
- Establish the strategy governance.
- Update data centre panel contracts with ownership and control assurances.
- Develop the operating model for the Digital Infrastructure Service.
- Investigate and develop relevant business cases for telecommunications networks that connect data centres.
Horizon 2 – Medium term (2019–2020)
- Establish the Digital Infrastructure Service, including:
- Develop the Hosting Certification Framework to address ownership and supply chain risk.
- Engage with industry and third-party supply chain providers.
- Undertake assessments including:
- Initial certification of data centre providers.
- Initial supply chain assessments.
Horizon 3 – Long term (2020–2022)
- Expand and operationalise the Digital Infrastructure Service, including:
- Mature the hosting certification processes.
- Mature the supply chain assessment processes.
- Identify further opportunities for a centralised hosting service.