The strategy is guided by the following principles:
- Hosting arrangements must be designed to ensure resilience and business continuity.
- Hosting arrangements must be founded on robust, risk-based assessments to ensure data sovereignty and supply chain integrity.
- Existing policies and certification processes should be used where appropriate.
- Where common hosting requirements are identified across the APS, centralised arrangements should be accessible and leveraged by agencies
- Government agencies continue to have the autonomy to select the best hosting arrangements for their requirements.
To support the Digital Transformation Strategy’s priority of government that’s fit for the digital age, by ensuring that people and businesses will have trust and confidence that the Australian Government is managing data securely and in the national interest.