Senate inquiry submission
6 October 2017
The Australian Senate is holding an inquiry into the digital delivery of government services.
The Senate is looking into how government agencies deliver digital services. The Finance and Public Administration Committee wants to know if government agencies can deliver digital services that uphold privacy and security, are reliable and usable, and are good value for the government.
Our submission to the inquiry explains our responsibilities as an organisation and how we’re helping agencies deliver simpler, clearer and faster digital services.
The Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) and the digital transformation agenda exist to help government improve services for everyone. To do this, we work across government and in partnership with industry. Our aim is to improve the quality of, and access to, services for individuals and businesses.
To help us do this, we have staff with expert skills in service design, user research, agile product management and delivery, and technical design and development. These skills are essential to be able to deliver services that meet users’ needs.
We are also working behind-the-scenes to improve how government plans for, develops and designs services, including how we spend money and the policies that we write.
We have 5 priorities for the coming year:
- Develop a digital transformation roadmap
- Deliver and improve shared digital platforms
- Oversee and advise on ICT and digital investment
- Transform ICT procurement
- Build Australian Public Service ICT and digital capability
We are already working towards our priorities, and some of our recent achievements include:
- the creation of the Digital Marketplace
- the establishment of the Digital Service Standard
- new digital capability uplift programs
- a transformation of ICT procurement across whole-of-government
- improved myGov service
- implementation of performance dashboards.
- a better view of ICT investment with the creation of the Digital Investment Management Office
- the release of the Trusted Digital Identity Framework
- coordinated procurement through ICT procurement panels.
If you have any issues accessing the full document you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org