New Cloud Marketplace discussion paper released
17 October 2019
We know the government demand for cloud services is changing. Technology and industry are evolving and we’re working to create a better place for agencies to buy cloud services.
We’re approaching the market to create a new Cloud Marketplace (CMP) panel sourcing arrangement. The new arrangement will better suit industry developments and respond to the changing needs of agencies. We want to achieve value-for-money outcomes for agencies when they buy cloud services by:
- creating a flexible sourcing arrangement accommodating industry developments and technological advances
- giving better access to a wider range of offerings
- simplifying the buying process
- promoting increased participation from Australian small and medium enterprises
- providing a modern, flexible, competitive and easy-to-access marketplace
- reducing timelines and costs
We’ve released a discussion paper for interested parties to provide feedback. The discussion paper outlines what we are proposing for the new CMP, but we want your help to develop our approach to market and how we run it.
The CMP will replace our existing Cloud Services Panel (CSP), which currently hosts over 500 Cloud Services from more than 240 Sellers as at September 2019. Over 70% of Sellers are SMEs and has facilitated over $134M in government cloud contracts since 2015.
For media enquiries email us at email@example.com
For other enquiries email us at firstname.lastname@example.org