Extra support for SMEs who want to sell to government
13 April 2021
Owners and staff of small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) and start-ups are invited to attend a range of online events hosted by the DTA’s Digital Sourcing Network in April and May 2021.
These events help SMEs understand:
- how government agencies buy digital products and services
- what critical elements need to be considered to be eligible for government work.
“SMEs can deliver high-value, innovative products and services, and government agencies want access to cutting-edge digital solutions,” said Lucy Poole, Division Head, Sourcing and Governance. "It’s our job to create a level playing field so businesses of all sizes, locations and levels of experience have the same opportunity to put themselves forward. Helping SMEs navigate public procurement is one way we can do that.”
The DTA is committed to making digital sourcing simple for buyers and sellers. We work closely with SMEs to understand the unique challenges they face when competing for tenders – particularly first-time sellers with no previous experience working with government. We have developed this series to address some of the more common pain points.
Events and dates
Please note: all events are online.
- Wednesday 21 April: Selling digital to government – information for SMEs and start-ups – featuring speakers from the Department of Finance, Maddocks Lawyers, the DTA and more.
- Wednesday 5 May: Partnership programs for digital SMEs
- Thursday 13 May: Understanding Government security needs in ICT Contracts
- Tuesday 18 May: Understanding approaches-to-market for digital opportunities.