Applying for a job with the DTA
Here’s how to send us your application.
You’ll need to fill in an online form to apply for a job with us. The link to the form is on each job’s information page. Here are a few tips for applying online:
- Complete our short form in one sitting – you can’t save it and finish it later.
- Be sure to preview the form to find out what those questions are before starting to fill it in.
- We recommend you write your answers somewhere else first. When you’re happy with them, you can start the application and copy and paste the answers into the boxes.
Who can work for us
We have a few requirements for people who want to work here you:
- must be an Australian citizen
- will also need to pass a national police records check
- must be willing to apply for and gain an Australian Government security clearance.
If you’re selected for a role, we’ll send you the forms for police check and security clearance.
How we protect your personal information
When you apply for a job with us, we'll ask you for personal information as required by the Public Service Act 1999. However, your information will be protected by the Privacy Act 1988.
We won't pass it on or reveal it to anyone else without your consent, except in situations where the law requires or authorises us to do so.
We might store your personal information outside of Australia, but we won't reveal it to anyone overseas.
You can find out more about how we protect your personal information in our privacy statement.