Joining Digital Sourcing Network Common Interest Groups
Thank you for your interest in joining one of the Digital Sourcing Network’s Common Interest Groups (CIGs).
Our CIGs each include an online forum as well as informational and networking events. They are open to all federal, state and territory employees with a .gov.au email address.Back to top
How to join
All our CIGs are hosted on our Communities of Practice site. To access them, you will need to:
- Visit our Communities of practice site
- Sign up using your ‘.gov.au’ email address, or log in if you have an account. This gives you access to several open Communities of Practice you can also browse.
- If this is your first time signing in, the site will prompt you to complete a short tutorial on how to view and interact with posts.
- From the Communities home page, click on the "hamburger" triple-line menu icon in the top right corner:
- Select ‘Groups’ and request to join the Common Interest Group(s) you are interested in joining. Currently, the Digital Sourcing Common Interest Groups are:
- The Digital Sourcing Policy Common Interest Group
- The Sourcing Cloud Common Interest Group
Once your request is approved, you can see the CIG on the Communities home page and interact with it.Back to top
How to engage
CIG online forums provide opportunities for community-generated discussion. Members can post their questions and comments, and respond to existing threads. We will also post content for community members to engage with.
Topics might include:
- news and information
- examples and case studies
- practical tips and suggestions
Questions, comments or replies are posted after a moderator has approved them. To be approved, a post must be:
- relevant to the topic and audience
- not attempting to sell anything
- not critical of government
- factually correct
Read the Discourse New User Guide for tips on how to engage with online communities.Back to top