Efficiency for businesses, industry and other organisations
The prioritisation process involves an assessment of each proposal against six criteria.
- Ease of individuals’ engagement with Government
- Efficiency for businesses, industry and other organisations
- Government productivity
- Government reputation
- Government future readiness
- Secure Government systems
The extent to which the proposed digital or ICT investment supports businesses, industry and other organisations (e.g., shared responsibilities with States and Territories) to be more efficient and productive through easier and more effective access to services using digital means. Investments that might score well against this criterion include those which:
- transition from analogue to digital
- make it easier for businesses to engage with government
- are more accessible
- remove duplication of interaction and effort for businesses
- increase levels of compliance
- create opportunities for business innovation and/or greater economic contribution
- lower cost of compliance and regulatory burden (red tape) on businesses.