What we do
Australians are more mobile, more connected and more reliant on technology than ever before.
This is why government is working to improve how it delivers services online.
Our agency was set up in 2015 to help government departments and agencies undergo digital transformation.
Since then, our role has grown. We now have wide-ranging responsibilities to help lead transformation across government and have central oversight of the government’s ICT agenda.
Our responsibilities include:
- leading the digital transformation of government services
- working in partnership with government agencies to improve how they buy and deliver digital services
- improving the way government buys and uses technology
- using agile methods to deliver and continuously improve services for users
- helping to build digital skills capability across government
- developing products and platforms for government agencies that can be reused
- advising government about digital service delivery and shared platforms
- providing greater transparency to government on ICT projects, costs, risks and opportunities.