Collaborating to develop a Digital Identity ecosystem
We're working with government and industry partners to develop Australia’s first digital identity ecosystem. Join us to hear more about:
- latest updates on how this initiative is progressing
- opportunities to use digital identity to enable service improvement
- how government and industry are working together to develop a nation-wide ecosystem
The presentation will be followed by a facilitated question and answer session.
- Jonathon Thorpe, Head of Digital Identity, Digital Transformation Agency
- Nick Condon, Head of Digital Citizen Services, SA Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Regis Bauchiere, General Manager Identity Services, Australia Post
Australia Post Digital iD™
With identity theft on the rise and government’s increased focus on intuitive and convenient online services, providing citizens with a choice of trusted identity provider has never been more important.
Australia Post is one of Australia’s most experienced providers of identity services, completing 8 million identity checks, 1.9 million passport applications, and more than 2 million employment checks every year. Digital iD™ provides some of the core digital capabilities that underpin Australia Post’s identity solutions that allow Australians to connect with vital government services, and has been accredited as an Identity Service Provider against the DTA’s Trusted Digital Identity Framework (TDIF).
Digital iD™ is a smartphone-enabled identity platform simplifying identity verification for both businesses and citizens in Australia. This presentation will cover how Digital iD™ has been developed to address a gap in Australia’s identity landscape, with security and user experience front-of-mind. It will also explore the unique challenges faced and lessons learned along the way. These include building up a 2-sided market where utility for citizens and acceptance across businesses and government needs to be balanced, and quality customer experience is coupled with high levels of security.
Date and time