2. Have a multidisciplinary team
Establish a sustainable multidisciplinary team to design, build, operate and iterate the service, led by an experienced product manager with decision-making responsibility.
Why it’s in the Standard
Good government services are built quickly and iteratively, based on user needs. Your digital delivery team must be set up in the right way to do this.
- a broad mix of skills and roles from the start
- quick decision-making processes and the ability to change and adapt as the service evolves
- to be adequately resourced and empowered to deliver the product or service
How you can meet the Standard
This criteria applies through all service design and delivery stages. The composition of the team will change depending on the stage and need.
You must be able to describe your digital delivery team — it should have, or easily get, the following roles, as relevant to your service:
- service manager
- product manager
- delivery manager
- technical architect
- service and/or interaction designer(s)
- content designer
- user researcher(s)
- web operations engineer
- performance analyst
You must also be able to:
- show the team principles, vision, rituals and agile practices (for example, through team charter)
- demonstrate you have a product manager with the knowledge and power to make day-to-day decisions to improve the service
- show how team members stay with the service through the stages and how new members will establish empathy with the users
- show the decision making and approval processes
- know who the stakeholders are
- show that the team’s user research activities were developed and overseen by an experienced user researcher and that all team members participated in research
- demonstrate an understanding of where gaps may emerge in the team structure and how to fill them
- demonstrate how you plan to share information, work together and troubleshoot issues within the team as well as with key people external to the team
- explain your plan to transfer knowledge and skills from any external people who work with the team
Guidance related to this criteria
Do you need help?
If you need help with something on this website, please use our form.