Working at the DTA
Find out what it's like to work at the DTA.
What we do
On 1 July 2021 the Digital Transformation Agency moved into the Prime Minister & Cabinet portfolio and assumed the mandate as trusted advisor to Government on all ICT and digital matters.
In our role as a central policy agency, we will draw on our expertise to provide strategic and policy leadership, and investment advice and oversight to drive government digital transformation that delivers benefits to all Australians.
What we’re like
The DTA is the trusted digital advisor to government. To enable this, we will continue to foster a DTA where we work together in a respectful and inclusive way to achieve our goals, and build trust by being authentic and honest. We strive for excellence in all we do and use our expertise to support the Government’s digital agenda.
Our values and behaviours complement the Australian Public Sector Values and Code of Conduct which set out the standards of behaviour expected of all employees in the Australian Public Sector.
- collaboration: We work together to achieve our goals
- respect: We make everyone feel safe, supported, and included
- transparency: We build trust through being authentic and honest
- future focused: We use our expertise to support the Government’s digital agenda
- excellence: We strive for excellence in all we do.
We offer generous working conditions and encourage flexible working arrangements. Some of our benefits include:
- 4 weeks annual leave per year (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- access to flex time for APS level staff
- 18 days personal/carer’s leave per year (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave and 4 weeks paid leave for a supporting partner
- generous employer superannuation contributions
- paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- the opportunity to purchase up to 8 weeks additional leave each year
- free access to an Employee Assistance Program for help with personal and work-related matters
- a high performance culture that provides opportunity for career progression, learning and development opportunities and meaningful performance discussions.
This is only the beginning. For more information, see our employment terms and conditions in our current Enterprise Agreement (PDF, 676 KB).
Current pay rates
The Digital Transformation Agency Enterprise Agreement 2022-2025 provides detail on annual pay adjustments. Current pay rates are available here. These rates will be updated accordingly on an annual basis.
APS Code of Conduct
In accordance with section 15(3) of the Public Service Act 1999 (the PS Act), the CEO of the DTA has established procedures for determining breaches of the APS Code of Conduct. As provided for in section 15(7) of the PS Act. For more information, please email HR@dta.gov.au
We value our diverse workforce
Our role is to transform government services for everyone. We want a workforce that is representative of the Australian community. This diversity helps us to better understand people's needs and create better services.
We embrace and value the diversity that every employee brings with them.
We run programs to support and build a diverse workforce and encourage people from all walks of life to join the DTA.
Where we work
We are focused on creating great services rather than where we create them from. While we have offices in Canberra and Sydney, some of our people also work remotely and flexibly from a variety of locations.