Working at the DTA
Find out what it's like to work at the DTA.
What we’re like
We share some common ways of working. This helps us to partner with agencies and build services that are simple, clear and fast to use.
To improve the experience of government services we:
- are inquisitive, and seek to understand our users and government partners
- are inclusive and supportive of each other
- develop our collective skills and help each other work towards personal goals
- give expert advice to help improve people's experience of government
- work in partnership with government agencies to deliver products, policies and services
We’re members of the Australian Public Service and have a set of values that help us in the way we work.
This means that we are:
- committed to service
Our service delivery teams are multidisciplinary, made up of a broad mix of skills and roles.
Some of these roles include:
- product manager
- delivery manager
- service designer
- interaction designer
- content designer
Not sure what these job titles mean? We've explained them all in our descriptions of the roles needed in multidisciplinary teams.
We follow an agile and user-centred process. This means we have a strong sense of teamwork and can build effective government services that are based on user needs.
We also have roles that support service delivery and the core functions of the DTA such as:
- ICT procurement
- government policy and strategy
- training and events
- corporate services such as human resources and finance
We offer generous working conditions and encourage flexible working arrangements. Some of our benefits include:
- 20 days annual leave
- access to flex time
- 18 days personal leave
- 18 weeks maternity leave and 4 weeks for a supporting partner
For more information see our employment terms and conditions in our current Enterprise Agreement (PDF, 538KB).
We value our diverse workforce
Our role is to transform government services for everyone. We want a workforce that is representative of the Australian community. This diversity helps us to better understand people's needs and create better services.
We embrace and value the diversity that every employee brings with them.
We run programs to support and build a diverse workforce and encourage people from all walks of life to join the DTA.
Where we work
We are focused on creating great services rather than where we create them from.
While we have offices in Canberra and Sydney, some of our people also work remotely and flexibly from a variety of locations.