Digital Capability Standard (DCS)
The Digital Capability Standard (DCS) is an assessment suite used by DTA to ensure that the Australian Government’s proposed digital and ICT-enabled investments comply with relevant digital and ICT policies.
The DCS is required to be applied to all Digital and ICT-enabled investment proposals which use technology as the primary lever for achieving expected outcomes and benefits. This includes investments which transform the way people and businesses interact with the Australian Government or improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Australian Government operations, where they meet the following criteria:
- any investment brought forward by Non-Corporate Commonwealth Entities and, where specifically requested by the Minister responsible for the Digital Transformation Agency, a Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- they are bringing forward an investment with ICT costs
- they are bringing forward the investment for Government consideration as a new policy proposal.
DCS Policy Areas
The DCS assesses compliance with:
- Digital Service Standard
- Digital and ICT Reuse Policy
- Digital Sourcing Framework
- Secure Cloud Strategy
- Hosting Certification Framework
- Cyber Security Guidelines published by the Australian Cyber Security Centre
- Assurance Framework for Digital and ICT Investments.
For more information on these areas and how they apply to your proposal, please refer to the DCS Agency Guide available on request by emailing email@example.com.
When should I speak to the DTA about completing a DCS assessment?
Agencies and entities bringing forward proposals are advised to speak to the DTA as early as possible. Early engagement with the DTA will allow us to help you design and shape your proposals to comply with relevant digital and ICT policies and standards and best support the realisation of the Government’s digital transformation agenda.
For further information about the Digital Capability Standard or to begin engagement on a policy proposal you are developing, write to firstname.lastname@example.org