Program for the Digital Summit 2020 available now
View our full schedule of presentations, case studies and workshops online. We’re delivering a packed program over 4 days, between 10 and 19 November. Adapt. Engage. Deliver.
This year our virtual Digital Summit 2020 is a unique opportunity to get practical insights from international and home-grown digital leaders, visionaries, and practitioners.
Reflect on how government and industry have navigated and adapted to change in 2020. Presenters will provide practical insights on how to drive real transformation in a rapidly changing world.
Engage with your peers and explore new ways to understand user needs and how to respond with contemporary digital services. Hear how some of the biggest organisations in the world are delivering digital transformation.
Media personality, radio host, and presenter of the ABC’s ‘The New Inventors’ James O’Loghlin will host and present the Digital Summit. He will bring his passion for technology and innovation, and will also host the presentations of the Australian Government Digital Awards.
Summit registration includes:
- government keynote speakers the Hon. Stuart Robert MP, Rebecca Skinner (CEO, Services Australia), Peter Woolcott AO (APS Commissioner), and Randall Brugeaud (CEO, DTA)
- international speakers such as Professor Beth Simone Noveck (US) and Jim Grubb (US)
- Australian thought leaders such as Stephen Scheeler and Dr. Catherine Ball
- an international panel on government and digital identity hosted by the DTA’s Jonathon Thorpe with guests from Singapore, New Zealand, and Australia
- case studies demonstrating the positive outcomes of human-centred design methods and service delivery
- on-demand content available each day.
Register for live and interactive workshops. These hands-on sessions cover topics tuned to each of our 4 themes, including:
- designing for future decision-making
- digital ethics
- inclusive service design and delivery
- agile methodology
- working from home
- designing for data.
The workshops are a great way for you to build your digital capability, develop skills and expand your digital transformation toolkit. Each workshop is limited to 30 people, providing the best experience for each attendee. Get in quick, spots won’t last long!
You’ll need to register for each workshop separately when you register for the Digital Summit.
For those short on time, on-demand presentations are available to watch at any time during each day. These showcase the positive outcomes of industry and government working together to respond to recent crises, including:
- responses to the COVID-19 pandemic
- supporting the mental health of front-line workers
- cybersecurity and blockchain
- digital transformation and how it is changing the way we work.
Registered attendees can view all sessions on demand for 12 months after the Digital Summit
The Australian Government Digital Awards
We will also present the Australian Government Digital Awards as part of the Digital Summit 2020. We will celebrate the projects, partnerships, and people who are doing truly amazing things in digital. The Awards will be on 10, 12 and 17 November.
We will publish finalists soon.
A complete, virtual experience
We want attendees to have a complete, virtual event experience. Engage with exhibitors and sponsors at the Virtual Exhibition, where you can visit virtual booths to have chats or meetings. You can network and communicate with other attendees through our event portal and Digital Summit app.
We look forward to seeing you at the Digital Summit in November.